Air Canada today announced that it is including complimentary COVID-19 emergency medical & quarantine insurance for eligible customers booking round-trip international flights.
The coverage, available for new bookings made in Canada from September 17 until October 31, 2020, inclusive, provides:
- emergency medical insurance
- quarantine insurance
The Manulife COVID-19 Emergency Medical Certificate of Insurance is available for:
- new international, round-trip bookings made in Canada
- between September 17 and October 31, 2020, inclusive
- for travel completed by April 12, 2021
- up to 21 days
- Travel must originate in Canada to any international destination (USA included) for which there is no Level-4 “avoid all travel” advisory in effect issued by the Canadian government at time of departure
- no age restriction
If, when abroad, customers test positive for COVID-19, the Plan will provide eligible customers coverage that includes:
- Up to CDN $200,000 per insured for COVID-19 treatment medical expenses.
- Up to CDN $150 per person for quarantine costs (meals + accommodation); Up to CDN $300 per family per day up to a maximum of 14 days.
- Up to CDN $500 for expenses related to return home if the advisory from the Canadian government goes from Level 3 to Level 4 while at destination.