These improvements are a continuation of what had already been announced in recent months. Here are the details.
Apple TV+ on board Air Canada
Air Canada adds Apple TV+ original content to its entertainment system from August1st, 2023. This is Apple TV+’s first partnership with a Canadian airline.
With this addition, travelers will now have access to over 420 movies, 1,000 TV shows, 130 music albums, podcasts and live TV (news and sports). Series such as Ted Lasso, Bad Sisters, Severance and Foundation and many others are now available on board.
The following new features were announced on July 19, 2023.
New in-flight entertainment content from Mattel
Thanks to a partnership with Mattel, dozens of hours of children’s content will be added in films and shows. There will be episodes of :
- Hot Wheels City
- Thomas & Friends
- Barbie Vlogs
New additions to the Air Canada menu
In order to satisfy all tastes, Air Canada is adding some new items to its menu:
- Earth’s Own Oatmeal Drink, made in Canada
- Blue Moon Belgian white and Hop Valley IPA craft beers
- Vizzy Hard Seltzer alcoholic sparkling water with strawberry and orange mimosa flavour
- Rosé wines from the Provence region of France, and the Aperol Spritz cocktail (Air Canada International Signature Class).
- Butter chicken with rice pilaf, cauliflower and masala peas (Economy and Economy Privilege classes)
Air Canada mobile application
To improve access to important travel information, the mobile application will provide :
- Ongoing updates to electronic boarding passes, making them easier to use at security and during boarding.
- Aeroplan members’ passport details linked to their profile
- Integrated maps of major Air Canada and Star Alliance airports for easier airport orientation
- The option of pre-ordering meals on board certain international flights departing from Canada (for passengers in Air Canada Signature class and Privilege Economy class).
These are small improvements to the Air Canada customer experience. In recent months, Air Canada has launched free Wi-Fi messaging on board for Aeroplan members, and opened two new airport lounges, the Aspire Air Canada Café at Billy Bishop Toronto Airport (YTZ) and the recently launched Maple Leaf Lounge at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and now shares the United Club lounge at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR).
To enjoy these experiences and more, use these Aeroplan credit cards: