The new advantages of World and World Elite Mastercard
Mastercard has just unveiled new advantages of World and World Elite Mastercard, all card issuers combined:
- Boingo Wi-Fi
- Digital everyday offers
- Travel benefits
Boingo Wi-Fi Access
Until now, a few Mastercard credit cards have offered this advantage, such as the excellent HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®.
From now on, all World and World Elite Mastercard cards have free access to Boingo Wi-Fi.
Digital everyday Offers
Here, American Express and its online promotional offers undoubtedly inspired Mastercard.
Mastercard calls this: “Digital everyday Offers.”
The first two Digital everyday Offers available are:
- $15 off your first Foodora order of $30 or more and $5 off on every third order of $25 or more that you place.
- $20 in Ritual vouchers when you sign up for the app
The Mastercard Travel Rewards program
Mastercard Canada introduces a program that was already in place in some countries: the Mastercard Travel Rewards program.
In practical terms, these are automatic cashback that you can get through your purchases at selected retailers when you travel.
For example, in the U.S. at Bloomingdale’s, you can get a $25 cashback for $350 or more purchase.
Here are some examples of offers we’ve seen:
- Loews Hotels: Spend $500 or more and get a $50 cashback
- Tourneau: Spend $1,000 or more and get a $250 cashback
- Uber Ride: Spend $20 or more and get a $2 cashback
Mastercard Airport Experiences provided by LoungeKey
Mastercard takes advantage of this launch to remind all cardholders they can access to Mastercard Airport Experiences provided by LoungeKey.
They have access to more than 1,000 airport lounges around the world.
Be careful, though. There is a USD 32 per visit lounge entry fee, charged to your Mastercard credit card.
Some Mastercard credit cards come with free visits:
If you are interested in accessing airport lounges, we recommend you to read our strategy for complimentary airport lounges access.
The Priceless Cities program
Mastercard also used this launch to remind us of the Priceless Cities program, which provides access to many experiences around the world
This may include:
- Culinary courses
- Priority access to concerts or shows
- Culinary encounters
- Access to world class events
- Guided tours
- Shopping experiences
The best Mastercard credit cards
In Canada, many issuers are offering World and World Elite Mastercard credit cards.
Here is our selection of Mastercard credit cards currently having great welcome offers.
HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®
The HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® offers:
- An outstanding welcome bonus for Quebec or outside Quebec
- No conversion fees for foreign currency transactions
- $100 annual travel credit
- High-end travel insurance
- Between 3 and 6 points per dollar in credit card purchases
- Read the detailed presentation of the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®.
BMO® World Elite®* Mastercard®*
BMO® AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®*
The BMO® AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®* has several advantages such as:
- No annual fees in the first year (instead of $120)
- An exceptional welcome bonus in AIR MILES bonus miles
- High-end travel insurance
- 2 annual visits for airport lounges
- 1 Mile for every $10 in credit card purchases (Costco included)
The World Mastercard Tangerine
Finally, if you are looking for a World Mastercard credit card with no annual fee, there is the new World Mastercard Tangerine:
- No annual fee
- 2% cashback on 2 to 3 categories of purchases you choose
- Insurance for your car rentals or your purchases