The new advantages of World and World Elite Mastercard
Mastercard has just unveiled new advantages of World and World Elite Mastercard, all card issuers combined:
- Boingo Wi-Fi
- Digital everyday offers
- Travel benefits
Boingo Wi-Fi Access
Until now, a few Mastercard credit cards have offered this advantage, such as the excellent HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®.
I’ve had the opportunity to test it on Swiss or Singapore Airlines flights successfully. It’s convenient to have Wi-Fi to send in-flight photos to grandparents 😉
All World and World Elite Mastercard holders have free access to Boingo Wi-Fi. They benefit from 12 sessions of 90 minutes per calendar year, with unlimited data.
Digital everyday Offers
Here, American Express and its online promotional offers undoubtedly inspired Mastercard.
Mastercard calls this: “Digital everyday Offers.”
The first two Digital everyday Offers available are:
- $15 off your first Foodora order of $30 or more and $5 off on every third order of $25 or more that you place.
- $20 in Ritual vouchers when you sign up for the app
The Mastercard Travel Rewards program
Mastercard Canada introduces a program that was already in place in some countries: the Mastercard Travel Rewards program.
In practical terms, these are automatic cashback that you can get through your purchases at selected retailers when you travel.
For example, in the U.S. at Bloomingdale’s, you can get a $25 cashback for $350 or more purchase.
Here are some examples of offers we’ve seen:
- Loews Hotels: Spend $500 or more and get a $50 cashback
- Tourneau: Spend $1,000 or more and get a $250 cashback
- Uber Ride: Spend $20 or more and get a $2 cashback
The Mastercard Travel program
Mastercard is using this launch as a reminder that all cardholders enjoy access to the Mastercard Travel program with DragonPass.
This provides access to over 1,300 airport lounges worldwide.
Be careful, though. There is a USD 32 per visit lounge entry fee, charged to your Mastercard credit card.
Some Mastercard credit cards come with free visits:
- 4 annual accesses with the BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard
- $100 annual travel credit also applicable on DragonPass lounge admissions with the HSBC World Elite Mastercard
If you are interested in accessing airport lounges, we recommend you to read our strategy for complimentary airport lounges access.
The Priceless Cities program
Mastercard also used this launch to remind us of the Priceless Cities program, which provides access to many experiences around the world
This may include:
- Culinary courses
- Priority access to concerts or shows
- Culinary encounters
- Access to world class events
- Guided tours
- Shopping experiences
The best Mastercard credit cards
In Canada, many issuers are offering World and World Elite Mastercard credit cards.
For example, Desjardins with its Odyssey World Elite Mastercard.
Or at the NBC with:
- The National Bank’s World Mastercard® card
- The National Bank’s World Elite Mastercard® card:this card is the only one to offer up to $250 in travel credit each year!
Here is our selection of Mastercard credit cards currently having great welcome offers.