Having a chequing account is often expensive with traditional banks. While the temptation to open a chequing account with an online-only bank is high, there is no substitute for quick access to a branch or advisor.
Particularly well established in Quebec and elsewhere in Canada, National Bank offers 4 levels of chequing accounts with different benefits:
- National Bank The Minimalist Chequing Account
- National Bank The Modest Chequing Account
- National Bank’s The Connected Chequing Account
- National Bank The Total Chequing Account
And now, 18-24 year olds will receive a discount of up to $15.95 per month on the monthly fee for all these NBC chequing accounts. So, here are the monthly fees for each of these accounts for everyone between the ages of 18 and 24:
|Checking account||Monthly fees (regular)||Monthly fees (18-24 years)|
With this new pricing, the best chequing account for 18-24 year olds is National Bank’s The Connected Chequing Account.
NBC The Connected Chequing Account
With the NBC The Connected Chequing Account, you get:
- Unlimited access on all digital transactions
- Access to ABMs in THE EXCHANGE® network at no additional cost
- Special rates for online trading
- Mobile cheque deposit
- Interac e‑Transfers unlimited and free
- Up to $30 off your credit card annual fee
And one important thing to remember: the NBC offers advantageous rates for many professions.
So it could be useful to you once you turn 25, if you’re in one of those professions: