50 % Aeroplan miles back
Aeroplan launches a great promotion: Get 50% of your miles back after you travel on an Air Canada, domestic flight reward.
Travel within Canada, and even between Canada and the USA.
Offer valid on new bookings only, made between June 17 and July 1, 2020, for travel from July 1 to October 15, 2020.
The dates are lengthened enough to allow booking, especially since Aeroplan has extended until August 31, the possibility of cancelling reward flights free of charge.
In North America, reward flights cost between 15,000 and 25,000 miles of Aeroplan round-trip (economy class) and double in business class.
Being able to get 50% miles bqck of your booking in Aeroplan miles is exceptional!
Here is a round-trip cost table, once you get your 50% miles back in your Aeroplan account:
|Economy||7 500||12 500||22 500|
|Premium Economy||10 000||20 000||37 500|
|Business||15 000||25 000||40 000|
Hawaii for less than 20,000 miles Aeroplan
Aeroplan has confirmed that this also applies to flights from Canada to Hawaii!
So let’s hope that these flights resume before October 15, 2020, to discover this destination for only:
- 22,500 Aeroplan miles round trip in economy class
- 40,000 Aeroplan miles round-trip in Business Class (e.g. Vancouver to Honolulu)
Note that the Toronto to Honolulu flight is seasonal (December – April) and is therefore not accessible during the time of this promotion.
And this promotion applies to both fixed-rate premiums and market rate premiums!
Here is, for example, a September flight from Vancouver to Honolulu. Usually available at 45,000 miles Arplan round trip, it is accessible at 39,250 miles Aeroplan round trip at market rate.
Once you get the 50% miles back, it means that this flight will have cost you only 19,625 Aeroplan miles! Unheard of for Hawaii!
Multi-city trip in Western Canada for 12,500 miles Aeroplan
Or you could have a 15-day trip in Western Canada for only 12,500 Aeroplan miles once you get the 50% miles back!
An example of multi-city direct flights between Montreal – Calgary – Vancouver in October, returning October 15 – before the promotion deadline!
Multi-city trip in the Maritimes for 7,500 miles Aeroplan
Or you could discover the Maritimes for only 7,500 Aeroplan miles once you get the 50% miles back!
An example of multi-city direct flights between Montreal – Charlottetown – Halifax in October:
Here are the main conditions to know (all conditions are at the end of the article):
- Flights must be operated by Air Canada and its subsidiaries (Express, Jazz, Air Canada Rouge).
- Flights must be within Canada OR between Canada and the United States
- Bookings must be made between June 17 and July 1, 2020 at 7:59 p.m. (ET)
- For a trip between July 1, 2020 and must end no later than October 15, 2020
- Applies to one-way or two-way fixed mileage and market fare flight rewards
Therefore, flights must be 100% with Air Canada (so no combination with United flights).
Air Canada continues to build buzz ahead of the launch of its new program, which is still planned for Q4 2020.
The Travel at Home event was a great success, here are the figures that Air Canada shared with us!
Terms and conditions
To qualify for this promotion:
- You must be an Aeroplan Member. If you are not an Aeroplan Member, you can visit the Aeroplan web site (www.aeroplan.com) and enroll today. Membership is free.
- Only valid on eligible scheduled flights within Canada and between Canada and the US, operated by Air Canada for travel between July 1st 2020 and completed by October 15th 2020.
- Applies only to new bookings made between June 17th 2020 and July 1st 2020 at 19:59 EDT with travel starting July 1st 2020 and completed by October 15th 2020.
- All flights on the reward itinerary must be flown on routes within Canada or between Canada and the US, on Air Canada operated flights including flights operated by Air Canada Rouge® and the Air Canada Express® banner®(Jazz Aviation LP, Sky Regional Airlines Inc., or Exploits Valley Air Services LTD).®
- Aeroplan Miles will be credited back to your account within three weeks after the qualifying flights are completed.
- Applies to one-way or two-way fixed mileage and market fare flight rewards. Not applicable to Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, AC Bid upgrades or when members use their miles to pay for the taxes, fees and surcharges associated with their flight reward.
- Flight rewards are subject to availability at time of booking. Taxes, fees, charges and carrier surcharges apply.
- Flights are subject to Aeroplan Flight Rewards terms and conditions.
- Offer is subject to change at Aeroplan’s sole discretion, without notice. Other conditions and restrictions may apply.