The Patriots’ Day long weekend is May 20-22, 2023.
Quick trips to big cities like New York, Chicago, Toronto or Las Vegas satisfy the need to get away.
In New York, Bryant Park comes alive with the 100% local Makers Market. Also, check out the new Little Island Park on the Hudson River, which feels like an urban oasis.
While in Toronto on the evening of Sunday, May 21, there are the famous fireworks to mark the long vacation at Canada’s Wonderland. Moreover, it is in this city that Stranger Things: The experience is currently located, to live as in the Netflix series.
Have a blast at the Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas while dancing and getting married while you’re there!
In these cities, don’t hesitate to visit activity booking platforms like Viator.
Use your points to reduce the cost of your trip. Also, many credit cards offer the option of using a travel credit or deducting your credit card balance with points.
Don’t save your points forever! Enjoy it with the right card in your wallet.
- Take a tour of Île d’Orléans and enjoy a Kir Royal in VIP formula on the terrace at Cassis Monna et Filles.
- Pick your own tulips with U-pick tulips:
- Ferme Éthier (Mauricie, near Trois-Rivières)
- Tulipes.ca (Laval and Boucherville)
- Look for the best deal! Many municipalities are holding garage sales during this long weekend.
- If you can’t see Sakuras in Japan, you can see apple trees in bloom in the many fields in southern Quebec.
- For a weekend full of music, Sherbrooke is the place to be, with Sherbrooke en musique and the Festival des harmonies et orchestres symphoniques du Québec. Several shows are free.
- Rent a boat and go for a ride in the Parc de la Rivière-des-Mille-îles in Laval.
- Drive-Ins will be open throughout Quebec!
- The Canadian Tulip Festival in Ottawa ends on Monday, May 22 and it’s free
- And while we’re in the area, we can recharge our batteries at Gatineau Park in Gatineau.
- Then also go sledding on a monorail at Camp Fortune in Chelsea, Outaouais.
- Lose yourself in the immense Vortex maze made of recycled containers in the Carrefour Laval parking lot.
- If it rains, the Carie Factory Arcade is there for hours of fun in Ancienne-Lorette.
- Concert by the FILMharmonic Orchestra with a film-concert performance of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, at Place des Arts in Montreal.
- There’s plenty of beer, music and discovery at the World Beer Festival at Windsor Station in Montreal.
- At Adrénaline Urbaine in Trois-Rivières, it’s a snowpark, a skatepark, a climbing wall and a ninja course all in the same place.
- Skiing on a simulator in Vanier (Quebec) with Préski
- It’s the pasta festival in Montreal thanks to Pasta Fest.
Header photo credit: Destination Québec Cité, OTQ