Looking for information on an HSBC online bank account and want to know if HSBC Bank is the right online bank for you? In this guide, you’ll learn all about HSBC online:
HSBC's best bank account offers
HSBC Newcomers Program
Get up to $1,650 in value with HSBC’s Newcomers Program*.
HSBC provides offers to help Newcomers begin their successful journey in Canada while staying connected back home. Whether establishing the basics like opening a chequing account for payroll deposit, sending money back home to family, or building credit with one of HSBC’s credit cards, HSBC lets you do more with your money.
- Get up to $500 cash back** when you open a Premier chequing account (up to $400** with an Advance chequing account)
- Save up to $419 in waived monthly banking fees on eligible chequing accounts for up to 12 months**
- Get up to $649 in value1 with an HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®
- Newcomers with no Canadian credit history may be approved for an HSBC Rewards credit card (initial credit limit of $5,000 to $25,000)2 or an HSBC World Elite credit card (initial credit limit of $10,000 to $25,000)2
- FREE wire transfers to send foreign currency less than $10,000 for Premier account holders3
HSBC Premier Chequing Account
With the HSBC Premier chequing account, you can easily and efficiently manage your finances with HSBC online:
- Earn up to $500* when you open an HSBC premier chequing account
- A Premier bank account like no other – including priority service, exclusive privileges and global support that can be extended to your immediate family.
- A dedicated Relationship Manager as your one point of contact for all your banking needs.
- $0 monthly fee with unlimited withdrawals and deposits in Canadian and US Dollar, including FREE Interac e-Transfer® fees*
- Unlike other banks, put your minimum balance in any HSBC chequing, savings, TFSAs, RRSPs and more
- HSBC Premier status in all countries where you bank with us, with free international account opening and instant global transfers between your HSBC accounts worldwide
- FREE wire transfer to send foreign currency less than $10,000*
As a new customer you have 6 months to qualify. During this period the Premier monthly fee will not be charged.
$0 monthly fees* upon meeting one of the below criteria:
- $100,000 minimum balance in combined in personal deposits and investments, or
- A personal mortgage with original amount of $500,000 or more, or You meet the above when you include your spouse or common-law partner’s personal mortgage or personal deposit and investment balances. Refer to hsbc.ca/householdqualification for details
- Minimum income deposit of $6,500 within a calendar month, plus confirmation of $100,000 or more in assets under management in Canada, or
- Qualify for HSBC Premier in another country
*Conditons and eligibility criteria apply.
HSBC Advance Chequing Account
With the HSBC Advance chequing account, you can easily and efficiently manage your finances with HSBC online:
- Earn up to $400* when you open an HSBC chequing account online.
- A flexible, all-inclusive chequing account that allows you to bank on your terms
- No monthly fees* for the first 6 months, and later when you maintain $5,000 minimum balance in combined deposits and investments, including chequing, savings, RRSPs, TFSAs and more
- Or no monthly fees when you hold a personal mortgage with us with an original amount of $150,000 or more
- Unlimited day-to-day chequing account transactions*, Free Interac e-Transfer®
- Convenient online international money transfer (over 30 countries)*
- Free ATM withdrawals at any HSBC or EXCHANGE Network ATMs (over 3,000 locations across Canada)
- Access to emergency cash while outside of Canada at any HSBC branch worldwide.
HSBC Student Chequing Account
With the HSBC Student Chequing Account, you can easily and efficiently manage your finances with HSBC online:
- Get up to $150* when you open an HSBC Student Account
- Open an account online and receive $100 cash bonus*, even before you arrive in Canada
- No monthly fees
- No minimum balance required
- Unlimited chequing account transactions
- Free Interac e-Transfer®
- Free withdrawals from your account at HSBC Bank Canada or THE EXCHANGE® Network ATMs
- Free mobile cheque deposit
- Secure Mobile & Online banking
Our review of HSBC Online
In Quebec and elsewhere in Canada, HSBC Online offers many banking services for its customers. With an HSBC debit card , you can access many of HSBC’s banking services.
Several online services are offered by HSBC, for example:
- View your HSBC chequing or savings accounts online with HSBC Online Banking or HSBC Mobile Banking
- HSBC Mobile Banking application for smartphones to manage your accounts anywhere
- Send funds from your HSBC account online using Interac e-Transfer
- Deposit a cheque using HSBC e-Deposit
HSBC’s online banking offering is comprehensive, particularly in Quebec, with numerous branches. HSBC is an excellent choice with 130 branches, a network of 180 HSBC ATMs and over 3,000 THE EXCHANGE ATMs.
HSBC's online services
As an HSBC Online Banking customer, you can enjoy many benefits:
- 24/7 access to HSBC Online Banking or HSBC Mobile Banking
- Online payments of your transactions and bills
- Send money quickly to the person of your choice with an Interac e-Transfer
- Transfer up to US$100,000 or the equivalent in foreign currency each day
- Transfer funds between your international accounts
- Deposit your cheques anywhere with the application
- Save automatically with recurring transfers from your chequing account
- Download a sample HSBC cheque
- If your card is lost or stolen, block, unblock or replace it in your HSBC online bank
Also, be aware that HSBC provides special offers for newcomers, youth, students, seniors, foreign workers and cross-border services for U.S. dollar transactions.
Frequently asked questions about HSBC online
How do I check my HSBC balance online?
Sign in to view your account list and balances.
How to pay bills easily with HSBC online?
There are two ways to pay an invoice from an existing payee:
1) Pay or transfer
- In the relevant account, select “Pay or Transfer”.
- In the “To Account” section, select “My Beneficiaries” and start entering the company name, then select the name from the list.
- Enter the information, verify it and confirm the transaction.
2) My beneficiaries
- Select “Banking Services” > “Transfer Funds” > “My Recipients”.
- Find the beneficiary in the list.
- Enter the information, verify it and confirm the operation.
If this is the first time you are paying an invoice from this company, you must add the new payee to your “My Payees” list.
How do I choose the right HSBC online account?
HSBC Bank offers 3 main HSBC bank accounts: the HSBC Advance Chequing Account, the HSBC Premier Chequing Account and the HSBC Student Chequing Account. In addition, there are offers for youth, students, seniors, newcomers to Canada and foreign workers.
If you still can’t find the right account for you, an online bank account selector is available to help you compare bank accounts. Finally, you can easily meet one of the agents if you have any questions.
How can I replace a lost, stolen or damaged HSBC card ?
Here is the contact information to replace a lost, stolen, damaged or malfunctioning HSBC card :
HSBC Banking Cards (Retail Banking and HSBC Advance)
Canada and United States: 1-888-310-4722
Elsewhere in the around the world, call collect at 1-604-525-4722
HSBC bank cards (HSBC Premier and Jade)
Canada and United States: 1-866-233-3838
Elsewhere in the around the world, call collect at 1-604-525-4722
All HSBC Premier and Jade credit cards
Canada and United States: 1-866-405-4722
Elsewhere in the around the world, call collect at 1-905-415-4722
All other HSBC credit cards
Canada and United States: 1-866-406-4722
Elsewhere in the around the world, call collect at 1-647-788-2267
How to contact HSBC Bank in case of fraud?
You can contact HSBC’s fraud department:
- If you are an individual using online banking, call 1-877-621-8811.
- If you are using online banking as a business, call 1-866-808-4722.
If your HSBC credit card has been lost or stolen, or if you believe it has been used fraudulently, contact our 24-hour Assistance center immediately at 1-866-406-4722.
If you are an HSBC Premier customer, call 1-866-405-4722. We will cancel your card , replace it and investigate any suspicious transactions.
What are the eligibility criteria for HSBC Bank credit cards?
To qualify for an HSBC credit card , you must:
- be a Canadian resident;
- be of the age of majority in your province of residence, i.e. 19 years old in Canada (except Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and Prince Edward Island where the age of majority is 18 years old).
- meet the usual criteria required by HSBC Bank
HSBC Bank offers many credit cards, some of which may require a minimum income. Check out our page dedicated to the best credit card offers from HSBC.