Have you gone through our credit card guide, loyalty programs and different ways to earn points? Want to go further? Let's see how.
This article is part of our beginner’s guide with points, composed in 6 parts:
- Part 1: the basis on credit cards
- Part 2: the basis on loyalty programs
- Part 3: Lean to earn and burn points and miles
- Part 4: the strategy
- Part 5: go further
- Part 6: travel hacking strategies examples
Part 5: go further
If you have reached this section, it is because you have managed to understand the principles and basics of points and miles accumulation! Well done !
This “go further” part is actually a suggestion of reading selected articles that will allow you to perfect your knowledge of travel hacking!
If you want to access Part 6 showing you examples of travel hacking strategies, it’s right here!
The basic rules of Travel Hacking
Becoming a travel hacker requires knowing the basic rules of Travel Hacking:
- A must-read article before you start in Travel Hacking!
- Advanced Travel Hacking: How to earn points and miles quickly?
- Travel Hacking: expiration of loyalty program points and miles
Essential articles on points and travel in general
- The value of points by loyalty program
- The best credit card for foreign currency purchases from the travel hacker
- Tips and tools for finding cheap flights
- Everything you need to know about your flight booking file: the PNR
- Where to go with your points and miles: the destination map
Essential articles for airport lounges
- The rules of access to airport lounges
- How to access airport lounges
- How to access airport lounges around the world?
- How does the Priority Pass program work?
- How to access the lounges at Montreal’s Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport?
- How to access Canadian airport lounges?
- Travel Hacking: how to access airport lounges with a credit card (without Priority Pass)?
- How do I hold multiple Priority Pass accounts to access airport lounges?
Articles about family travel with points
- Traveling by plane with a baby
- Airbnb or hotels: the match… and how to save with points!
- A family holiday: renting apartments or hotels?
- Use points to save on hotels.com / booking / trivago
- At the airport with your family: children’s passports, priority lines and lounge access
- Is it possible to group the membership rewards cards of the same family into the same account?
- Travel Hacking: transferring your points and miles between accounts
- Travel Hacking: Save at Disney World on the hotel
Still not convinced?
Look at the testimonials of milesopedia readers travel hackers: how do they use their points and miles?
- Murielle: Arizona with friends with points and miles
- Poly: a family round-the-world trip with points and miles
- Pierre: Paris in love with points and miles
- Dany: Thailand family =with points and miles
- Andréanne: Mauritius and Madagascar with points and miles
- Clothilde: Florida family with points and miles
- Murielle: Whistler family with points and miles
- Andre: California with points and miles
- Sandra: sharing a beginner’s experience in points and miles
- Chantal: her use of points and miles for Disney
- Carolina: Western Canada with points and miles
- Melanie: The American West and Honolulu with points and miles
The milesopedia Community
Otherwise, there’s nothing like exchanging points and miles with Canada’s community to become a true Travel Hacker!
See you in the milesopedia facebook group!